Terms of Service - Overview
- The Notezilla.Net service from Conceptworld Corporation allows you create & store notes using the Internet Browser and also sync notes with Notezilla apps installed on various devices.
- These Terms of Service applies to the Notezilla.Net service we provide.
- The data you create or sync is your data and remains your data.
- If you use a client software from Conceptworld to access the Notezilla.Net service, your data is encrypted while being transmitted to our servers.
- You may cancel the service and delete your data stored on our servers any time you want.
- The Notezilla.Net service is provided “as is” and there are no warranties of any kind.
- There are significant limits on Conceptworld’s liability for any damages arising from your use of the Notezilla.Net service.
Terms of Service
Last Updated: July 05, 2019
These Terms of Service (“TOS”) govern your use of the Notezilla.Net services (the “Services”). By registering for and/or using the Services you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions described below.
Use of the Services
To use the Services you must first register. During registration you will need to provide your email address and create a username and password (collectively “Account Data”). These will be sent to Conceptworld’s servers using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology to encrypt them during transit. Your password will be stored on our servers in an encrypted form called a hash. This form of encryption disguises your password on the server, but still allows us to authenticate you when you sign into the Services.
You may use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (i) the TOS and (ii) the laws and regulations in your state and country and any other laws and regulations that apply to your use of the Services (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other relevant countries).
You agree not to:
- engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks that are connected to the Services),
- trade or resell the Services for any purpose, unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in writing by Conceptworld, or
- access (or attempt to access) the Services by any means other than the official Conceptworld-branded software (referred to in this document as “Notezilla Apps”) or third party software that utilizes APIs authorized and provided by Conceptworld (“Third Party Apps”), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in writing by Conceptworld.
You acknowledge and agree that Conceptworld has no responsibility for Third Party Apps and that you are solely responsible for your use of them.
- Conceptworld does not represent or imply that it endorses any Third Party Apps nor that it believes the operation of any Third Party Apps will be accurate, useful or non-harmful.
- Third Party Apps may have technical inaccuracies, may cause mistakes or errors, and may transmit, store or otherwise manipulate data in a manner that you find objectionable. You are responsible for taking precautions to protect yourself and your computer systems in connection with the use of Third Party Apps.
You also acknowledge and agree that:
- you will only use the Services to access your own account and User Data (defined in Section 2),
- User Data may be sent outside your country of residence,
- Conceptworld has the right to manage the Services in a manner designed to protect the rights and property of Conceptworld and others and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Services, including disabling your account if necessary, and
- If your account subscription remains expired for more than 1 year, Conceptworld has the right to delete the account to facilitate the proper functioning of the Services.
- Conceptworld may discontinue or change the Services at its discretion without liability. If we discontinue or change the Services, we will announce it through Conceptworld’s usual channels for such announcements such as blog posts and forums.
Conceptworld does not grant to you any intellectual property rights in the Services that are not specifically stated in this TOS. For example, this TOS does not provide the right to use any of Conceptworld’s copyrights, trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features.
“User Data” is the digital content stored on, manipulated, and transmitted to and from Conceptworld’s servers by means of your use of the Services. Examples of User Data include your notes, contacts, preferences, account & license information. You own your User Data but you give Conceptworld and its designated agents a license to store, transmit, reproduce, modify, encrypt, and otherwise manipulate it as necessary to provide the Services.
Transmission of User Data
You understand and agree that Conceptworld, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services, may (i) transmit or distribute your User Data over various public networks and in various media; and (ii) make such changes to User Data as are necessary to conform and adapt that User Data to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. Provided you are using a Notezilla app, during any such transmission, your User Data and Account Data will be sent via SSL.
Canceling the Services
You can discontinue use of the Services at any time. In order to completely cease use of the Services, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting us to delete your Notezilla.Net account & user data.
Updates to the Terms
Conceptworld may update this TOS from time to time, for example to address a new feature of the Services or to clarify a provision. The updated TOS will be posted on the Notezilla.Net website. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through Conceptworld’s usual channels for such announcements such as blog posts and forums. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of this page. These terms may not be modified or cancelled without Conceptworld’s written agreement.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The Services are provided “as is” with all faults. To the extent permitted by law, Conceptworld, its distributors, contributors, and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation warranties that the Services are free of defects, merchantable, fit for a particular purpose and non-infringing. You bear the entire risk as to selecting the Services for your purposes and as to the quality and performance of the Services, including without limitation the risk that your User Data is deleted or corrupted. This limitation will apply notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any remedy. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, so this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
Except as required by law, Conceptworld, its distributors, contributors, and licensors, will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages arising out of or in any way relating to this TOS or the use of or inability to use the Services, including without limitation damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, lost profits, loss of data, and computer failure or malfunction, even if advised of the possibility of such damages and regardless of the theory (contract, tort or otherwise) upon which such claim is based. The collective liability of Conceptworld, its distributors, contributors, and licensors under this Agreement will not exceed $100 (one hundred dollars). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, so this exclusion and limitation may not apply to you.
This TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and Conceptworld Corporation (“Conceptworld” or we) concerning the Services. These terms are governed by the laws of India and is subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Chennai. If any portion of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these terms and the English language version, the English language version shall control.